11.04.2010

Really Nice People

As some of you know, this week I went around Dallas and left some free stickers at a few of my favorite shops. First, (and in no particular order), I stopped by Centre. Why? Centre is my favorite shop in the metroplex to find sneakers, t-shirts, and accessories like this. The owner of Centre, Hance (Kiddrae254) is mad dope and has always been a supporter of me, even before he knew me as The Good Child. Hance set up the free stickers right by the register, so make sure you get one! 


Another shop I visited was Good Records. Now, if you never buy or listen to music offline, you might not know Good Records. Good Records is one of the only shops left in Dallas that sells physical records (yeah, vinyl) and CDs. They also host a helluvalot of in-store shows, including Dallas native Erykah Badu. Chris Penn, the manager of Good Records, doesn't care who leaves what on their mantel by the entrance, so I left a stack of The Good Child stickers there. Being the Good Child I am, I even cleaned up their mantel of fliers so everyone has a better shot at getting recognized!


Lastly, I stopped by We Are 1976. This relatively new and totally fun shop is run by Vynsie, Derek, and Jully. Those. Guys. Rock. I found We Are 1976 when Johnny Cupcakes rolled through for his Back to Basics Suitcase Tour back in April. Actually, I found them a couple of weeks prior to the JC event, because my design professor at the time had informed us that Vynsie is one of her former students. Either way, now I'm in their shop about once a week. Sometimes, I don't even buy anything - it's still worth my time; I at least purchase a Japanese soda, chat with Vynsie, and roam the endless supply of colorful, playful, and creative products they carry in the store. You have to check this place out, especially for holiday shopping! Vynsie, like Hance, set up The Good Child stickers by the register, so make sure to grab one (or two, or three) as you check out!

Thank you to Hance, Chris, and Vynsie (+ crew) for being so…how should I put this…for being so, 'Hell yeah!' and 'Why not?' about The Good Child Stickers. I've been long time fans of your shops, and I appreciate you sharing my free stickers with other fans of yours! I'll be back in your shops again soon.

As for The Good Child fans -- what are you still reading this for? Go get some free stickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment