11.18.2010

Candlelight Walk on Henderson RECAP!

Last night, I walked around on Henderson Ave. in Dallas, TX to partake in the 19th annual Candlelight Walk on Henderson. Wow, 19 years and this was my first time to go! Henderson Ave. is on the east side of Central Expressway (the west side of the street is Knox) and it is a happenin' place; I go out there at least once a week to visit Vynsie, Derek, and Jully at We Are 1976, to grab some gelato at Natsumi, have a glass of wine at Veritas, or admire furniture at Again & Again. Phew! That's quite a lot of options, and that's not all.


Anyway, I parked near We Are 1976 and dropped in there first. I grabbed a couple of small goodies, mingled, and took some photos!


After We Are 1976, I stopped in at their neighbor's place - The Shining. MAN, they had some incredibly rare/interesting/unique items and jewelry. They even have these taxidermied mice that sell pretty well. Whoa. 

Immediately after leaving The Shining, I needed hot chocolate - stat. Good thing the Pearl Cup was next door! The Pearl Cup is pretty rad - actually they were voted best - and for the special event, they offered 8 oz hot chocolate cups for one dollar! Mmm, nearly-free-chocolate...


If you stand in the Pearl Cup's doorway, you can see a bright pink sign that says Again & Again. The sign will call to you, and when it does, go! Again & Again is the best place to go for consignment furniture in Uptown Dallas. Don't believe me? Look at these photos and wish you had room in your house for more:

After my visit to Again & Again, eating the free food, juggling my hot chocolate with my camera, and walking in the cold, I thought, 'I want to spend the last 30 minutes of this event at home'. No, not my home...Vynsie's home! I walked back to We Are 1976 and photographed more irresistible product. I chatted with Derek, met his girlfriend, Abbey, caught up with Vynsie on The Good Child progression, and bought MORE STUFF. Sheesh.

All in all, even though I missed out on some great sales elsewhere, I had a great time visiting the few places I did. Henderson Ave. is my new Lower Greenville (don't worry, Red On Greenville, if you build it I will come). If you missed out on the Candlelight Walk, just mark your calendar for December 3rd - We Are 1976 is having their One Year Anniversary party then and you don't want to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment