11.14.2010

Artopia Recap + Good People + THE FIRST GOOD T-SHIRT!

Last night, I attended the Dallas Observer's Artopia at Victory Park Lane. SO many people were in attendance, including the artists themselves. For a measly donation of $12.50 to the Mastermind Awards(I caught the Two'fer Tuesday discount!) the ticket was definitely worth the money. Not only did I get to mingle with some of Dallas' finest artists, but I also got to dine on great sushi snacks and chardonnay! I met some great people last night, and eight of them were lucky enough to receive the very first ever The Good Child t-shirt! This t-shirt will be available to order online tomorrow! There are only sixteen left, so get one while you can. See what the t-shirt looks like in REALITY below!


These two guys could really dance! I gave them each a t-shirt, because they were not afraid to bust a move and dance, even if they were being totally silly. Thanks, guys!




I also gave out a t-shirt to Connor of Magnificent Beard, a screen printing duo here in Dallas, TX. They made this AWESOME print for FREE for the special event. They have some great illustrative skills and I look forward to seeing more of their work. Thanks, bearded dudes!




Of course, I ran into THE Fur Face Boy himself, accompanied by Fur Face Angel. I gave Fur Face Boy a t-shirt, because he has been an obvious hero and also one of the very first supporters of The Good Child. Big ups to him for all his success with his brand. I am always stoked to see what crazy idea he comes up with next! Thanks, Fur Face Boy!
Speaking of Fur Face Boy, I ran into his TOP supporter, Ericka. How could I not give her a t-shirt? Ericka was super nice and chill - I even promised her a Medium (I ran out of her size on-hand) if she finds me online! That brings the exclusive shirt count down to fifteen!




I gave my new friend, Niko, a t-shirt, too. He is super cool and funny. I had a rad time chatting with him and people watching. He also introduced me to one of his friends with the Dallas Observer. Maybe, you'll see us together in the Observer's Artopia photo recaps! 


As the night went on, I continued to have the time of my life and I handed out my last two t-shirts to two Fossil, Inc. designers! Why not, right? I want to thank everyone for showing such great enthusiasm about The Good Child and just a reminder that Series I will pop up early next year and, yes, there will be a release party! Stay tuned! 




P.S.


ran out of beautiful stickers last night (and started passing out crappy ones), but you can still grab some for free at We Are 1976, Centre, and Good Records (I think!). I reordered some bigger and better stickers today, so don't worry if you can't find any out there, because the new ones will be in soon enough!







No comments:

Post a Comment