1.21.2011

Atama's Dunny Azteca II Release!

Last night, despite the freezing cold (unusual for Dallas), I attended Atama's Dunny Azteca II Release/Trading Party. As soon as I got upstairs, (Atama is the colorful upstairs space in Centre), I saw a few cases set up for buying. I also was greeted by Josh Romero, the manager for Atama and pretty rad guy all around.

The shop still had a few Show Me the Munny t-shirts from the incredible custom Munny show back in December. Did you cop one?

Now, let's take a look at some of the Dunny Azteca II series!

My friend and day job co-worker, Design By Proxy, and I were the first purchases!

He got doubles of the Dunny Azteca picture just above (on top of the semi-truck). I got the one just below...

The purchase that followed mine made a shame outta me...

This kid, Austin, walked up and bought an entire case!
First one out of the box!

Austin was the coolest little man I'd ever met. He even traded Design By Proxy for one of his doubles!

Design By Proxy was looking for one of those 2Tone Dunny's, but he could not acquire!
After making my purchase, living through others' purchases, and not even wanting to trade anything, I chatted it up with Hance (Centre) and Nic (NTX Hip-Hop).

Nic had some of the "throwback" The Good Child stickers! Check it!

Sorry about the camera blur - Nic is super cool and super fast.
I had a chance to check out the new Centre x New Era caps. ::pause:: I want one of them pretty badly.

All in all, it was a chill evening at the Centre & Atama shops - one I needed. I had a good time checking out the merch, meeting new people (including Illtellect), and bullsh•tting with Hance. By the way, keep a lookout - Centre is getting a new set-up on their floor in the near future that I am stoked about (but, I'm not revealing that). It'd be good to keep your eyes on this boutique in general. 
Always coming up. ®

No comments:

Post a Comment