12.12.2010

Fur Face Boy Series 4!

Last night I, along with a few of you guys, attended the Fur Face Boy Series 4 release party at The Public Trust in Deep Ellum. I arrived at the event half an hour early (and FFB was about an hour late), so I decided to grab some grub off of Main St.  What better place for The Good Child to eat than the All Good Cafe? I was hungry and my order was obscure (quesadillas and apple pie), but man it hit the spot! The cafe was fairly empty, but it added to the quaint and dimly lit atmosphere. I loved the origami birds hanging from the ceiling and the multi-colored Christmas lights around the room.
After I was good and full, I left the cafe and headed back to The Public Trust where the doors were open and a crowd was forming.
I said hello to Brian Gibb, grabbed a small cup of eggnog, and checked out the prints for the night. The line-up for print artists was Bee Things, Taro-Kun, Blakely Dadson, Steven Hopwood-Lewis, Jeremy Smith, Brent Ozaeta, Mylan Nguyen, Magnificent Beard, Brian Gibb (artist + runs The Public Trust), Billy Zinser, aaand Lily Smith-Kirkley. Check out the images of their work:
Billy Zinser - MACRODONS! Billy was so super cool, he even signed this limited edition Macrodon for my friend (they make awesome stocking-stuffers)!


After staring deeply at each print, Fur Face Boy still hadn't arrived. No product was allowed to be sold until Fur Face Boy arrived, but the merchandise was set up beautifully. All the styles were organized by size and style to help the event go smoothly. 
Fur Face Vy and Fur Face Angel were running the show behind the tables (keeping our dirty hands off the product), until…
Fur Face Boy arrived! Yay!
Upon his arrival, the sale of FFB Series 4 began. I entered the tiny space where the product was set up and waited patiently to make my purchase. I didn't even care how crowded it was, because everybody was really polite and it was cool to see how focused Fur Face Boy was with each customer. Fur Face Boy made each customer experience unique. When it was time to officially say Hello, I chatted with Fur Face Boy about The Good Child, the FFB Clean t-shirt, and our possible trip to see TRON: Legacy next weekend (he's got something else really special planned for next weekend, so I understand if he can't make it!). I copped some of his new product and disappeared back into the gallery - which had really filled up!
I met some new people, saw some old friends, and handed out some free stickers. See some of these awesome folks below!
Hugo (owner of HIJ clothing) and Cyprien (<<<story about his family)!
Rolf (works at Fossil, Inc + does freelance) and Ana!
Even Shogun was there picking up some FFB Series 4 stock!


When I was a late teenager, I used to go to Deep Ellum to see all of my shows and events, but now events are spread across the board. However, the turn-out for the event and the product was stellar - I felt alive again in Deep Ellum!


Thanks to Fur Face Boy, the Fur Face Boy team, Brian Gibb, and all of the print artists showcased at The Public Trust for making the evening 100% awesome. Also a big shout out to my new friends and old. Congratulations, Fur Face Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment