12.04.2010

1 Year Anniversary Party!

Last night, I went to the coolest shop on Knox/Henderson…We Are 1976. I visit Vynsie/Derek/Jully at their shop quite often, but last night was special - the three owners invited family and friends to come celebrate their 1 Year Anniversary. 


For the special event, they nearly cleared off the shop floor, and left an island in the center to showcase the limited edition prints made especially for the party. Print artists included Bee ThingsBows + ArrowsDowdy StudioFur Face BoyWilliam Binnie + Tamara Coleman, and screen printing instructors. They also had this rad homemade clock (that I should have bought). Check it all out below!

Seriously, that clock is SO RAD. Look!
I have a special place in my heart for wood-burned/engraved/embossed art. 

I had a total blast chatting it up with the Fur Face Boy Crew - Ha, Angel, and Vy. I think I talked to Angel the longest; kid is super real. I was happy to visit with Connor and Matt of Magnificent Beard; Connor told me to check out DKNG and The Invisible Creator Guys - which I must have spelled wrong, because I cannot find it online. Oops. I also talked with Derek, Vynsie, Jully AND the Law's Aunt, who was so excited about their celebration that she wanted to help in any way possible.

Before leaving, I left some NEW, BIGGER, and BETTER The Good Child stickers at the counter. Yeah, they're also free - limitedly free. Grab some!

Big 'thank you' to We Are 1976, all of the local screen printers/artists, and everyone who helped provide food, drinks, and music.





No comments:

Post a Comment